Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA

I have a dillingham bluebird cedar hope chest with a felt

Customer Question

I have a dillingham bluebird cedar hope chest with a felt lined shelf and original key. The moth protection paperwork says it was purchased in 1951, the serial # ***** ***** Can you please tell me how much it is worth?
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: The cedar chest is worth $5?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 7 months ago.

Good day my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

The Bluebird cedar hope chests were made by Dillingham Mfg. Co. in Wisconsin. In good condition they sell for $100.00 to $250.00. In a retail venue $200.00 to $500.00.

If you need any further assistance please let me know.

Cheers Timothy