Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My name is ***** ***** DellaValle and I am an appraiser. I

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** DellaValle and I am an appraiser. I need to know the age and fair market value the the tall case clock that is included in my assignment. It is a Joseph Jennens, figural, hand carved in oak, 8' 6" high with nine-tube Westminster & Whittington chimes. Eight-day mechanism and appears to be in its original condition. In 2007 Alderfer Auction Co. fetched $14,950 for the exact clock.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have already given you all the information.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****’m a certified appraiser, and I’d be happy to help.

In order to appraise your item, I’ll need clear, well-lit photos, both overall and any distinguishing marks, labels, stamps, signatures, or details.

Photo upload instructions can be found on this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If that doesn’t work for you, please contact Customer Support for help. You can find their contacts in the box on the upper right on this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Please note:

1) After receiving your response, it may take me some time to research your item, and/or I may not be available if there has been a delay between my question and your response. I do promise to get back to you as soon as I have some information for you.

2) I do not handle appraisals by phone, as I feel it is more productive to work through messages. If you get a phone call request, it has come from the auto-reply system, NOT from me. Please ignore.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All you had to do was Google the information I gave you and you would have had numerous choices including photographs of the exact clock in question. I am an appraiser too, you know. I thought I would be given an expert in tall case clocks who would tell me how much this clock has dropped in value. I want a refund.

Good morning,

I am happy to request a refund for you.

As an appraiser yourself, I'm sure you realize that USPAP requires that we ask for client-provided photographs and not rely on outside photographs unless the client does not have photos and states as much.

Your refund request has been placed.

Sincerely,

Jennifer