Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a persian rug that we purchased while living in

Customer Question

I have a persian rug that we purchased while living in Indonesia in 2003. I would like to know the history behind it as it is quite different from most persians. I know it is a flat weave silk pile with a cotton weave weft soumak killim from Iran. It has an Aztec compartment look with 6 large chic***** *****ke animals on it.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not sure I am pleased with providing my credit card information when my estimated wait time was 8 minutes and its been almost an hour... please respond.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello

The information you are asking for is not possible online, you would need to have a Certified Appraiser that can come inspect this for you, then they will do extensive research on this particular rug in hopes of finding the history. If you do not have any paper work on this, this will prove to be quite difficult as there were thousands of these rugs produced during that time frame. The internet is very vast but, it does not began to cover the thousands and thousands of rugs that were produced in the Middle East. If you would like help with a list of appraisers you can contact in order to have them do research on this for you, I will be happy to help. At best online without being able to inspect this, we can offer a value it is worth on today's market .

Glenda

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that's not very helpful. I think this website is a scam. I will be reporting it to the BBB

Hello

I am sorry you do not feel this is helpful. It is an honest reply to your question. Not all things can be answered on line. There are things that must be seen in person. Not all things can have their history found, unless there is provenance of an item, where it can be traced back to a maker, a city, a region and much more, history is virtually impossible. This rug could have been produced in many places. Persian rugs are sold by the thousands.

Glenda