Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

DIANA F. Do you evaulate paintings, prints,etc and Chinese

Customer Question

DIANA F.Hello again. Do you evaulate paintings, prints,etc and Chinese dolls?This is a signed, original oil painting - not sure of the location but there is windmill in the painting.The frame is stamped, "Made in Sweden".Measures approximately 19"W x 15"H.Any information on artist - value-age-would be appreciated. Thank you.Linda Kent
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Diana F. replied 11 months ago.

Hi Linda.

I hope you're doing well. I do all of that. If by some chance I can't, I'll be glad to find someone who can. =)

.

I'll be glad to see what I can find on the artist for you.

~Diana

Hi Linda.

I haven't been able to find an artist with the name Ricca that uses that signature yet. I did find the name, but the signatures aren't even close. I found a slightly similar piece that was mid 20th century Italian. That does fit the style of your painting, but there is nothing on the artist.

.

I'm going to search in a few more databases, but I just wanted to touch base and let you know what I had found so far.

~Diana

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Diana,Any luck finding the artist?
Any idea as to age?
Origin?
Valuation?
Genre?Many thanks.
Expert:  Diana F. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Linda. Thanks for coming back. I forgot to warn you than after a few days a question may sort of "close", which means it kind of locks me out from being able to respond unless you "speak" first. Now that you've contacted me back, I can message you again. =)

.

I've been unable to find anything on the artist. I even had a few friends take a look to see if they could find have different luck than I did. I don't believe it's factory art----generic mass produced art that is just signed with a "more famous" sounding name. I think it's more than likely an unknown or lesser known artist that just hasn't been lucky enough to be recorded anywhere.

.

I can still tell you about the genre and age and provide a value as long as you're okay with that. I have a page of notes I had already written up. I just like to make sure before I send it to you.

~Diana