Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Victorian era rolling dome butter dish with #81 on

Customer Question

I have a Victorian era rolling dome butter dish with #81 on the bottom. There are a few listed for sale that match perfectly. However the others have the name Rogers Smith & Co stamped on the bottom. Mine does not have a name at all. This belonged to my great-grandparents who lived in Greenfield, MA and only ever bought antiques and primarily those made in MA or CT.
Can you tell me if this same pattern was used by one of the other Rogers Company's, maybe during a transition when they didn't get the name it.
Thanks so much for your help.
Gina
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora