Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA

My parents were friends with Petar Hadzi Boskov in 1955

Customer Question

My parents were friends with Petar Hadzi Boskov in 1955 London. They left me some of his sculptors & sketches that he did then. What might be the value range of his work?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

How many works in total do you have by Boskov?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have about a dozen sketches Boskov did at out house; he was also teaching my dad to paint. 3Three 11x13 oil potraits of my brother. Three smaller wood sculptures that might just be studies for the other two. Also a five piece cement sculpture that represents a family.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

You have quite a 'capsule collection' by this artist. Have you ever contacted the Petar Boskov Gallery to make them aware of the works you have?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did a couple years ago by email but didn't hear back. I should follow through. I just got back to it. Do you have a guess to the value of the two sculptures?
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

I have not found any transparent auction records or comparables to establish the value for your sculptures by Boskov.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** what I have found looking on line. If I don't get an answer will I be charged?
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 7 months ago.

Good day my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

As Nora has pointed out there is no auction history for the work of:

Petar Hadzi Boskov

Born: June 1, 1928

Died: March 22, 2015

The main reason is that none have been offered for auction. This does not mean that his work has no value or potential value.

As appraisers we base our opinion on sales records or sales offerings.

What you need to do is to approach the auction houses to get their opinion on the possible value of you grouping.

Here are the contacts for several auction houses:

Martha Baer *****@******.***

Post-War & Contemporary Art

New York, Rockefeller Center

International Director

Edouard Benveniste *****@******.***

Department: Location

Post-War & Contemporary Art New York, Rockefeller Center

Sotheby's New York

+1(###) ###-####/p>

You need to give them a call and ask for some one in their Post-war contemporary art department.

I hope this helps to move you forward. If you need any further assistance please ask.

Cheers Tim