Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a doll, purchased in rural southern France. She is 28

Customer Question

I have a doll, purchased in rural southern France. She is 28 inches /70cm tall. Her cloth body is straw /wood shaving stuffed. She has composition hand legs and shoes (painted as red high heels.)
Ths face is fabric. She represents a Spanish senorita and has a haughty, regal demeanour The face and body and legs are in good condition. The clothing js degraded, she had a mantilla of black lace on a wire frame. She is missing one thumb.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

What is the height of your doll and can you please check the back of neck/head for a maker mark and/or outfit for label.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 70cm tall. No hair...never had any because of the wire mounted mantilla arrangement. No tags, marks etc just a pencilled 6, on one leg.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information and for checking for a mark. Please allow me some time to write your assessment. I will post it here when complete.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. You have a circa 1920's French-made Boudoir or Lounging Bed Doll. These were popular with women in the early 20th century and used as a decoration like pillows are used today on beds. Today, these are highly collectible. If she were in excellent, condition with intact outfit, this could sell for $800 - $1500. In current condition with wear and age, she would sell for an average of $50 - $150.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora