Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I am not sure about the manufacturers 's name on my father's

Customer Question

I am not sure about the manufacturers 's name on my father's gold pocket watch. It looks like Layman and Bridgeport, Conn. He probably purchased it in the early 1920's. It still works after all these years. What is the make of this watch? Thnx- Lucille Davies
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

The maker and serial number of the watch will be on the movement (the guts under the back cover). Let me know what it reads there as well as on the dial and on the inner covers. All of these things reveal a lot of information to me. Let me know if this is a hunter case (cover over the dial) or an open face (no cover over the dial). I can give a more complete answer when I get some of this information from you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will have to go to a watch repairer to open the case as I am 89 and cannot do this! The watch is an open face. I will try to get to a repairer this week.

Sure, I will get an email alert when you respond.