rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I was just curious about a chair my mom gave me that has

Customer Question

I was just curious about a chair my mom gave me that has Russmoro 100 underneath. Carved and very old
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Upholstered seat carved back, no arms
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.

Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks on the bottom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thanks for great photos. You have no idea how much this helps me with your item and I really appreciate it!

Russmore was a name trademarked by the Tobey Furniture Company of Chicago. Your chair was made from 1902 to 1912 when this series was produced. Intended to look like the more expensive Arts and Crafts mission oak pieces and Spanish and Gothic Revival of the time, this company made the more affordable dining sets. This chair falls into the Gothic Revival style. They also made pieces for the Grand Rapids Chair Company to distribute with their tag, also with RUSSMORE paper labels. This upholstery was redone in the 1940's-50's.

This chair has a current value of $75 to $100.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.