Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have two questions: One: I own a signed Lithograph of a

Customer Question

I have two questions:
One: I own a signed Lithograph of a golfer, (Artist Poof stamp on it) looks like a person that may have lived in France around Louie the VX era. It says "Published by the Gainsboro Galleries, Liverpool 1923 and is signed in pencil by a W. A. Cox, it has an original frame and I just wondered if I could throw it away.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Good day my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

It would help if I can see images of the Lithograph. One of the whole work front plus one of the signature.

Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-

Or you can email them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques.

or to use another site such as:

www.imgur.com or https://www.flickr.com/

If you use another site please copy and paste the url with your response.

I was able to proceed without the images.

You have a A colour proof mezzotint by the English artist Walter Al***** ***** (1862-1908).

He produced a number of mezzotints based on the works of various artists of earlier periods.

Your Water Al***** ***** mezzotint has a retail value range of $250.00 to $350.00.

Cheeers

Timothy Day

Here is a brief biography on:

Walter Al***** ***** was born in England in 1862. He supposedly studied with an obscure artist named Jean Ballins. Cox became a skilled printmaker, working in color mezzotint, reproducing works by the masters and his contemporaries. Most of these mezzotints are portraits but he also worked with landscapes and historical scenes. There is little biographical information for him at this time.

Walter A. Cox died in 1908 in England.