Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I just acquired an original watercolor or gouache painting

Customer Question

I just acquired an original watercolor or gouache painting on ecru paper that is professionally framed. The subject matter is of a scene depicting tents, saddled horses and camels with people and is signed with a Red Seal Mark and hand inscribed linear signature in black. Looks like a primitive nature scene. The inside matt measures 14 3/4" x 10". Due to the Seal Mark although different than other Chinese Red Seal Marks looks to be Asian. Would like to know which culture or ethnic group and circa it was produced and monetary value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus close-up of the red seal and signature as well as a close-up of areas of the painted subject to see the texture.

~Nora

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here are the imaged you requested so you may finish my appraisal on my original watercolor gouache painting of a mountainess scene with tents, working horses, camels and people and signed with a red seal mark and hand inscribed in black signature overlapping red seal mark. Looking forward to hearing back from you regarding my appraisal on my painting. Thanks, Marilyn (Manny).
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK Thank you Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Certainly

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this artist for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora