rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Well, I have spoken with Rarewares and Nora and spent over

Customer Question

Well, I have spoken with Rarewares and Nora and spent over an hour trying to get an answer about a artist. and Have put the question in 3 times. Do I put it in again? I have no pictures. Rarewares could answer me withouit them. Please advise as I am out of time.
If you do not have the question I guess I will have to start again. Rockport, Mass artist, circa, 1930-40s, primarily an illustrator. Illustrated many books which his wife wrote, She was Rukth Holgerg. This painting is a watercolor on paper, 17 1/2 by 14 1/2 with double mat 2/12 inches and a 1 inch wooden frame. It is of a lobersterman/fisherman sitting in front of loabster shak mending his nets. I believe the man is Orlif Norling.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Good to find you again!

This would be a painting by Richard A. Holberg (1889-1947), a Massachusetts artist and illustrator. There is a similar painting called Mending Nets on the Wharf (pic attached) that is by this artist. I can use this as a comparison for price, keeping in mind that yours is a watercolor and those traditionally are worth a bit less. I am also considering the prices garnered for his watercolors. This painting has a value of $900 to $1000.00, meaning you'd put it on your insurance with a replacement/insurance value of $1800.00.

It is important for you to click the stars on this question to accept my answer (and on the first one we worked on as well). Thanks so much!