Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

How can I identify a very old Limoges china pattern which is

Customer Question

How can I identify a very old Limoges china pattern which is marked on some pieces Charles Field Havidland and on others GDA, Limoges. The set I have is one hundred years old or more and consists of 118 pieces. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

The following site describes the complicated relationship of the firm of Charles Field Haviland and that of Gerrard, Dufraisseix & Abbot (GDA).

Since most of the Haviland china patterns were produced by hand decorating, there were sometimes few sets in the same pattern.

The best identification service is found at

This service is free and often very quick.

This is the link to the explanation of how to submit a pattern for identification.

I have used their service several times.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,