rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles

I have two very old sewing machines that I can not find much

Customer Question

I have two very old sewing machines that I can not find much about them. the First is a Singer Model 25-4 with G8251614 inn fair condition.
The second is a Wilcox and Gibbs Sewing Machine wih patent dates of 1861 through July 1971 with no model nor serial number. Can you help me
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

You have a Singer model 24 from 1920. The general advantages of this model 24 for family sewing comprise greatest ease and quietness of operation, simplicity of construction, and the elasticity of the single-thread seam. When needle is threaded the machine is ready, the stitch requiring neither bobbin nor shuttle.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 250-380$ if in good working order.

About the Wilcox & Gibbs Sewing machine, could you post a new question in JustAnswer for this request? - it will be free for you as membership

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!