Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have a lot of painting that my uncle left me. The artist

Customer Question

I have a lot of painting that my uncle left me. The artist are Mujer Desnuda 1965 I think the artist is Morant. Also Pons is the artist and the name of the painting is Madrid Street Scene . My email is***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Hi There~

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one item or matched set per question.

At your convenience, please choose one and send photos of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

~Nora

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here is one of them my number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have about 20 paintings of different artists
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I sent the picture of the painting can you tell me anything about the art
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

I have not found a match to a listed artist by the last name Morant who fits the time frame of having been in Spain in 1965. I will opt out and open your question to all the experts here. If someone does know the answer, they will respond to you here. If you do not receive a definitive answer on the artist, let me know and I can provide an estimate of value based on comparables for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't think I should pay for not getting an answer
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 8 months ago.

Good day Sharon my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. I also looked at Morant painting without finding a close enough match. Si I suggest we look at the next painting in the group. Please send images of the Pons

One of the whole work front and back plus one of the signature.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here you are the picture of the front and signed of the back
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We have over 20 paintings of different artist

Thank you for the pictures of the Pons. I will start looking for this artist.

I normally do no more than 2 per question.

Since you have 20 different paintings would you be willing to do theses as ten separate questions?

Sharon, I have checked through several major art data bases. So far the two works are by unlisted artists. This means that their work has not gone to auction and are recorded in the sales histories.

Did you Uncle travel to Spain and Europe? If so they could be by street artists in the areas he traveled.

In an auction setting the painting on canvas by Morant has an estimated value of $300.00 to $600.00.

The work by Pons appears to be a lithograph and has a value range of $50.00 to $75.00.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sure I just have to take more pictures. There at my brothers house . But if you could let me know about this one that would be great

When you are ready please include Tim in the question. Then I will be notified.