Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I am inquiring about an engraved print & the frame on the

Customer Question

I am inquiring about an engraved print & the frame on the print. I do have pictures I have taken on my iPad, let me know the vest way to send them to you.
Artist: Thomas Faed 1826-1900
Picture: Worn Out, original oil on canvas 1868
Engraved print information:
~ actual printed image: 25 5/8" W X 18 3/8" H
> following information printed under image:
~ lower left corner: Thomas Faes, R.A.
~ lower left under artist name: Embosed oval mark, center appears KIO with small writing around the oval edges.
~ lower right corner: Engraved by F. Stacpoole
~ lower center:London Published Feb 22 1871 by Pilgrim A Lefevre Successors to E Gambart and Co Kings Street St James 50th S.W.
~ center under above: Worn Out
~ under above: To William Branbury Esq. of Propect Hill Park. Reading this engraving from the picture of his collection.....(there is more print but is covered by the frame edge).
~ I understand this engraving was done for the Paris World Fair where Faed's original "Worn Out" was on display and the engravings were sold.
Frame: Been on this print at least 55+ years.
Outside demension: 39 3/4"W X 31 1/4"H X 3 1/4" D
Inside demension: 29 1/4"W X 21 1/4"H, (5 1/4 width of frame)
Once again I have photos please let me know where to send. Thank you.
Regards,
Connie
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Connie,

At your convenience, please send images.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I currently am not interested in a live chat. I would like to proceed via email.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

No problem, you do not need to accept the live chat offer. There is not an additional charge for posting images here.

Hi Connie,

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What email can I send my photo's to? Please let me know.
Thank you,
Connie
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I have not yet received images. Based on the written information provided you have a framed antique engraved print that was done by Frederick Stacpoole (1813-1907) that is based on a painting by the artist Thomas Faed that was owned by William Bradbury. The Stacpoole image of a Faed painting was published by Pilgrim A Lefevre who sold their prints at the Paris World's Fair. Stacpoole was known for his print reproductions of works by well-known painters.

Here is a link for you about Stacpoole: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Stacpoole

Based on comparables, on today's market, your framed print 25 5/8" x 18 3/8" can sell for $350 - $550. The suggested insurance or replacement is $850.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I sent via email 9 mins. earlier today to the address & added the information on the subject line you furnished me to send photos. I attached 10 photos of picture & frame.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Great, I will certainly let you know when the email images arrive to me. If you sent all 10 photos in one email to***@******.*** they may not make it through because of size. Be on the look-out for a confirmation email from admin that the photos were received and will be forwarded to me.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Nora,
Delayed due to family emergencies. I did see the initial appraisal & additional information regarding the Thomas Faed engraved print. I would like to gave you view the picture with frame, I again emailed them to you with your name in the subject. I dud get a response back they had been received as I have before. I have sent my pictures to just answer several times now hopefully this time you will get the photos.
Regards,
Connie
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did resend the pictures & frame to you at the last email addressed & Nira Antiques as the subject. Yesterday, Saturday I received a response that they had received & forwarded my photos to my specialist which would be you. Have you seen the photos?
Regards,
Connie