Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a painting my house would like to or find out, if its

Customer Question

I have a painting my house would like to or find out, if its original?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Picture on my files
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No more
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the image. What is the size? Can you please send a photo of the backside (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the surface so I can see the texture.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I see you have sent a few responses on new question threads. Those are being closed as they are duplicates to this question. Please only send messages for this painting through this discussion board only.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

You do have an original painting that dates to the late 20th century. Technically, an antique by definition in the US, is any object 100 years old or older. The artist is unlisted and this was primarily done as decorative wall art and not for investment purposes.

On today's market, the high sale value is $100.

~Nora