rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Could you tell me about these two items or refere me to

Customer Question

Could you tell me about these two items or refere me to someone who might know? First item the little doll has a pull string moves its arms and legs. The bottom of elephant.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

The clown doll was made by Schmid of Japan in the 1970's. They made collectible figurines, dolls and music boxes for the American market. This doll has a current value of $15 to $20.00.

The bottom of the elephant (there was no pic of the figurine, just bottom), but I am familiar. This is a porcelain elephant made by Aldon Industries of Japan and distributed by a New York retailer for the American market in the 1970's. They made fine grained bisque porcelain elephants in singles and mother and baby as well as colorful elephants (like yours) and elephant and clown musical figurines. Your piece has a current value of $30.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Please accept my answer by clicking the stars. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.