Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Have a late 1800s extension DR table. N.(?) J. stamp or

Customer Question

Have a late 1800s extension DR table. N.(?) J. John stamp or stencil on frame. Five legs, casters on legs, complex geared crank system, extends to at least 12'. Can you identify further?
Thanks,
Charles in Cincinnati
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of any metal part-nail, screws..etc-of the furniture?

Also, could you provide a picture of the manufacturer label or mark?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Table is in use this week. Will provide pictures of marks and extension mechanism over the weekend. Only new info--it seems to extend to 11'4" max. I was wondering if the mechanism was made by N J John and provided through catalog mail-order or sales rep to local craftsmen. Did such things ever happen? The five legs are identical S-curves, and the middle one looks odd to say the least, particularly when the table is not fully extended.Charles in Cincinnati
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Great! Looking forward to see the pics!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I am unsure as to why this question from March has suddenly reappeared. Are you still looking for assistance?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never received any comment, assistance, answer, or value of any kind.

Yes, I see that, and I have no idea why! It just popped onto the screen today, hasn't been there since March. Would you like me to address it now, or close it out?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would still like an answer.

OK. The problem is that I have four shots of the mechanism, and none of the overall table. Can you upload one?