rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I own a JDK 215 bisque head doll that was my grandmother's.

Customer Question

I own a JDK 215 bisque head doll that was my grandmother's. It has the feathered eyebrows as described but it has open and close eyes with lashes. Also the back of the head looks a bit li this:
612. G12 Germany 712
JDK
215
..
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

This is a JD Kestner doll made in Thuringia, Germany circa 1914. They were in business from 1820 to 1938, but most marked this way are from about 1914 or so. This is doll mold 215 which should be a bisque socket head with plaster under the wig, feathered eyebrows, glass eyes, open mouth and a ball-jointed wood and composition body. These dolls ranged in size form 10" to 42" tall. The letter G means that yours should be 11" to 12" tall and the head a 7 1/2" circumference.

I understand that photos are a pain, so I am giving you a rough idea to satisfy your curiosity and wonder of possible worth. The doll has a value of $150 to $200 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.