Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

We have 2 paintings that appear to be either oil or acrylic

Customer Question

We have 2 paintings that appear to be either oil or acrylic or oil, however we cannot make out the signed names. Could you please assist?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi could you please text me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Hi~

You have two vintage original painting that date to the 3rd quarter of the 20th century, 1950’s - 1970’s.

They are by what is known as an unlisted artist, meaning one that does not sell at auction for fine art collector and investor purposes, but a painting that is more intended for decorative framed original wall art for the home, hotel or lobby setting. Oftentimes, the artist’s name that is on the painting is fictitious and purposely illegible. They were usually painted in factory settings in Mexico and China then sold in decorator shops, furniture show room stores and department store furniture sections.

Your vintage framed oil paintings could sell for high as $100 - $300 each on today’s retail market. They do get offered for higher on online auction sites, but the realistic sales prices are lower than asking price. The suggested insurance, or replacement value is $400 each.

The company does charge extra for texting answers, hence the reason why I posted your answer here on this conversation thread.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora