Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

I have 2 Renior prints I believe to be lithograph. # 1 is

Customer Question

I have 2 Renior prints I believe to be lithograph. # ***** is titled Gabrielle et Jean # ***** and is of the collection of J. Walter - P. Guillaume Paris 11"X 15". #2 is titled Le Fils De L'artiste, Jean, Dessinant- The Artists Son,Jean, Drawing # ***** National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C. Collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. I am curious what the value is of these 2 prints. Thank you for your time.
Billy Reed
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please tell me the size of your lithographs not including the frame or mat. Please do not remove from the frames.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They are not framed and are 11" x 15"

When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.
We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.
Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value.

Using this standard method, I was able to determine an auction value of $2623 for each of your 11x15" lithographs by Pierre Auguste Renoir.

His larger lithographs sell much higher. His smaller ones sell much lower.

To arrive at average value per square inch, I took 5 lithographs by Renior that sold at auction in 2015.

If you wish to sell, these are my suggestions -

The internet has your widest pool of buyers. To sell close to retail try the following -

Plus try ads on sites such as

Some like where you can set up your store for free and the selling fees are small - 20 cents to list an item plus 3.5% of the final price.

Or list with no fees whatsoever:

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,