Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of figurines, a lady and a man. they are

Customer Question

I have a set of figurines, a lady and a man. they are stamped "maid in Occupied Japan" on the bottom. the lady is in a dress with a hoop skirt and lace down the center of the front. Her companion is dressed appropriately for the same era
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

During the year after WWII, Japanese manufactures were banned from exporting although American authorities occupying controlled territories permitted the sale of items "Made in Occupied Japan" that were regulated through the years 1946 and 1947. The mark was used until 1955, so your piece is from the period 1946-1955.

Could you provide a picture of the figurine? Also could you provide a picture of the manufacturer mark?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can take the photo but I don't know how to attach it here

Please, send the picture to the following email address:

***@******.*** ,

They will forward the pictures to me. Please, remember to include the question link showed below in the email:

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/518d353432594afaa15d0bb4234085d2

Thanks!