Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Illinois sz 18, 17 jewel "Golden Age" pocket watch in good

Customer Question

Illinois sz 18, 17 jewel "Golden Age" pocket watch in good repaired and running order. Some markings & small tarnish marks on the back, but otherwise in Good condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.

I need to see the movement (guts) and numbers there most importantly. I also need to know the mark inside the case in order to determine if it is gold-filled, silver, 18k, 10k or 14k. I also would need to know if it is an open face or hunter case watch (cover over the dial or no cover over the dial).

Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.

If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. Use the same email that you used to create your account. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.