rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I acquired a jar full of old coins from my grandmother. I

Customer Question

I acquired a jar full of old coins from my grandmother. I was looking through them and checking on line to see what they are worth and came across a 1933 half penny , I've been trying to find someone I can send pic to to see it and let me know what it's worth ! Thx.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

This is a 1933 British half penny. It is made of bronze and has the seated Britannia facing right with trident in left hand and shield in right hand on one side. There is the uncrowned bust of GeorgeV on the other side. The engraver for this design was Edgar Bertram Mackennal. This half penny in the style was minted from 1928 to 1936 and was demonetized in 1969. In 1933, there were 10,560,000 minted. This half penny has a current value of $6.58 usd according to numismatic databases.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.