Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an oil painting of a mountain landscape that has a

Customer Question

I have an oil painting of a mountain landscape that has a signature RUT. on it. I was advised when I bought it that it was a Swiss oil painter and the vintage is probably late 1800 or early 1900. The colours are dark. I bought it at a liquidation of an antique store sale. Do you have any idea who the artist may be? The size is about 21" by 24".
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If you can identify the painter I am also interested in approximate value of his or her work.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can send a photo if that would help.
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures.
If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here are some photos Rarewares!! good luck!!

I will have to opt-out since I am unable to decipher this signature or recognize this work. I will allow for another expert to step in and answer at no extra cost to you. They will see the pictures that you have already posted.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks. I will wait for the next response
Shelley
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

If you could please send more clear, in-focus images and include one of the signature that will be really helpful.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm interested. I have just had some surgery so will take a day or so to get back to your if that is ok
I will rephotigraph the painting. You have a good shot of the signature and frame and back. ThNks. Shelley
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Hi Shelley,

Take your time and get well soon!

~Nora