rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a a large professionally mounted painting 3 by 5 feet

Customer Question

I have a a large professionally mounted painting 3 by 5 feet of Horus and his wife on corn husk paper. I've been told by several people that they could be worth some value I have not been able to search the autograph and have come up with little information about this painting of Horus escorting his wife into the spirit world.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. This is a modern painting on papyrus of the God Horus and Nefertiti. These paintings are created by artisans in Egypt and sold in tourist areas and online through Egyptian export shops. The signature is the artist that hand painted this piece (illegible). These are sold for $35 unframed to $125.00 for the larger framed pieces like yours. I wish I could tell you it was rare, but it is not.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.