Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique french gilded and marble clock with a

Customer Question

I have an antique french gilded and white marble clock with a silver horse and gold boy and chicken in front. We lived in France '59 to 61 and my father bought several clocks and tinkered with them. It's a beautiful clock or will be if I spend x amount to cosmetically restore it. If I send a photo could you estimate the cost. It does not function. I cant find any markings on it. I thank you in advance.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels. Look on the inside of the clock for any marks or logos on the movement (the guts).

If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. Use the same email that you used to create your account. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please describe the photo I sent with the question.

There were no pictures that rode along with your original inquiry. I have noticed that happening quite often lately and I think it is a site issue and not anything you did wrong. This is why am asking for pictures, I do need to see as much as possible so that I can make the most informed assessment.