Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a 100yr water painting of a boy on a beach in Malta.

Customer Question

I have a 100yr water painting of a young boy on a beach in Malta. unsigned, it was in a home made plywood frame in my Mother's home. I left in 1964, and came across the same painting 2yrs ago in a Farmer's Brand outlet in Chorley. A great mystery, your opinion please
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The gentleman who sold it to me for £15 had come across it in Clitheroe Lancashire, I live in West Lancs. He had titled it "The Malta Boy. I would love to know how my Mum & Dad came by it. They lived in Warrington, Lancs from 1940, this painting was always in my bedroom. So how come I saw it 2yrs ago ?? I would love the mystery to be solved
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Antiques Appraiser responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello

I wanted to let you know that every expert has looked at this and as of yet are unable to find any information on this. There are a few more that have not been on the site in awhile they may pop on and know this. I just wanted you to know it is being looked into.

Glenda

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****’m a certified appraiser, and I’d be happy to help.

In order to appraise your item, I’ll need clear, well-lit photos, both overall and any distinguishing marks, labels, stamps, signatures, or details.

Photo upload instructions can be found on this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If that doesn’t work for you, please contact Customer Support for help. You can find their contacts in the box on the upper right on this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Please note:

1) After receiving your response, it may take me some time to research your item, and/or I may not be available if there has been a delay between my question and your response. I do promise to get back to you as soon as I have some information for you.

2) I do not handle appraisals by phone, as I feel it is more productive to work through messages. If you get a phone call request, it has come from the auto-reply system, NOT from me. Please ignore.

Sincerely,

Jennifer