Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My grandparents owned a home in Fla. that was over a 100

Customer Question

My grandparents owned a home in Fla. that was over a 100 years old. When they bought it some of the furniture, etc. owned by the previous owners was left there. One piece that I have been anxious to bring to the Antiques Roadshow (but I did not know how to contact anyone to schedule it). The item is round and covered in glass. Inside the glass, like a shadowbox, is a figurine of a woman and a child. The glass is surrounded with a gold filigree (but thicker). My sister and I both had the idea somehow that their might have been four total, one of each season, and this one represented Spring. We have never seen another like it. Can you tell me anything about it or start me in the right direction.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello

This is not the Antique Road Show, we are an online appraisal site. You need to go to the Antique Road Show page, and click " Contact Us" located at the top or bottom of the page.

Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't think your response was worth 5 + 38 . I would like a refund. Glenda, all you answered was that your were not the Antique Road Show. The question was about an item I had questions about. Your could have answered that question and given me a value. Your answer had nothing to do with my question. Unless you know something about the item I asked about, and you can answer my question and give me a value, then return my refund please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am down right angry about this. Your expertise is -0-. I had great hopes that I had found someone that had some knowledge about the item I was asking about. You apparently did not. Can't believe you are passing yourself as a antique appraiser.

Hello

First thing, I did not answer you. I did an info request trying to obtain what you wanted. You mention having something " The item is round and covered in glass. " Prior to this you say " One piece that I have been anxious to bring to the Antiques Roadshow (but I did not know how to contact anyone to schedule it)".

We have numerous people come to the justanswer site thinking they found the Antique Roadshow, because the Justanswer site, has a question box on their site. People go to the Road Show page, they click in the box asking a question, this does not go to the Road Show it comes to the justanswer site.

Since you mention you did not know how to contact anyone to schedule, I thought you wanted the antique roadshow.

As for answering you and giving you a value, I had no idea you wanted a value for anything. You did not ask a question. This is what I saw " My grandparents owned a home in Fla. that was over a 100 years old. When they bought it some of the furniture, etc. owned by the previous owners was left there. One piece that I have been anxious to bring to the Antiques Roadshow (but I did not know how to contact anyone to schedule it). The item is round and covered in glass. Inside the glass, like a shadowbox, is a figurine of a woman and a child. The glass is surrounded with a gold filigree (but thicker). My sister and I both had the idea somehow that their might have been four total, one of each season, and this one represented Spring. We have never seen another like it. Can you tell me anything about it or start me in the right direction. "

There is no question here about an item nor pictures of any item that you need a value for. I am sorry you are angry but the appraiser cannot possibly know how or what to answer if there is no question. As you can see you had no question.

As for charges, I have no control over what you are charged.

Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.

If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####/p>

As for your remark: "Can't believe you are passing yourself as a antique appraiser. " I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, and once again let me say. I cannot answer anything if I do not know what you want. I cannot answer anything if I do not know what you have, with pictures. I cannot answer a question that has not been asked. You did not ask a question, you implied you were trying to reach the Antique Roadshow to schedule taking your item there. You said: "One piece that I have been anxious to bring to the Antiques Roadshow (but I did not know how to contact anyone to schedule it).

.

I am would have loved to try to help you find a value or what you wanted of whatever it is you have but, I am sorry to say, I do not like being addressed so rudely, over something I had nothing to do with. Your rude remark to me " Your expertise is -0, Can't believe you are passing yourself as a antique appraiser. "

I am going to opt out of this, good luck with finding out about what you have.

Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My question was very obvious.Can you tell me anything about the object I had been describing or can you put me in the right direction to find out information??????????QUESTION, QUESTION, QUESTION. I DID NOT ASK YOU IF YOU WERE THE ANTIQUE ROADSHOW, NOR WHERE I COULD FIND OUT ABOUT IT.