rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Ethan dining set. would like to know value and time it was

Customer Question

ethan allen dining set. would like to know value and time it was made
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There is only one picture here of a base with no top.The next step would be for me to see more pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.

If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. Use the same email that you used to create your account. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry they didnt attach in prior email. Hopefuly this helps.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hope this helpsthank youKim

Kim,

This dining room set is an Ethan Allen Chippendale style set. Ethan Allen started in business in 1932, so it can be no earlier than that if it is authentic. The chairs should have a paper label or burned stamp. The stamp on the bottom of the table tells the story when a piece is authentic Ethan Allen...this set was made at plant 22, in order number 0414, and was made in 1950-1959 (I am unable to accurately read the number at the end of the stamp on the bottom of the table). Whatever the last number is ***** the year of manufacture.

This mahogany table and eight chairs has a current value of $5500 to $6500.00 retail if all pieces are in excellent condition.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.