Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Here. I havetwo horae wallhangings measuring 20"x37"

Customer Question

Hello. Bruce ******' here. I havetwo horae wallhangings measuring 20"x37" weighing 26 lbs. each. Each horse is hand made with hammered brass on each horse. I estimate they are at least 100 years old but that is only a guess. I have had the horses for 40 years, finding them in an old storage facility. They were completely black, covered with mold and I have refurbished them using only soap and water and lemon oil on the wood. The wood is rosewood and the brass is three different colors. Originally, they were owned by a man
from Morocco. He was deposing of all decorations in his hotel which I was managing at the time so I suspect they are of mideastern decent. They are quite beautiful and unique. in 40 years, I've never seen another pair just like them.Any information you can supply would be most helpful to me. I have pictures of them if requested.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello

I wanted to let you know that every expert has looked at this and as of yet are unable to find any information on this. There are a few more that have not been on the site in awhile they may pop on and know this. I just wanted you to know it is being looked into.

Glenda

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Are the horse wall hangings of just a horse head or the fully body of a horse?

~Nora