Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have recently acquired a painting by A. (Adolfo) Sehring.

Customer Question

I have recently acquired a painting by A. (Adolfo) Sehring. It is what appears to be the original frame, gold gilded. I haven't found the name so far, but it has 2 children with one holding a colorful umbrella/parasol.
In looking at some of his paintings and lithographs, I did see it, but without the name of portrait or even any approximate values.
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
MaryKay ******
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Mary Kay

What are you wanting to know ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am wanting to know if a.) is it possible that I have a painting of any worth; b.) how can I tell ie: need to take to appraiser?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also, from the description that I have given, is it possible to get the title.
Would you need a photo?

Hello

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Yes,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will look online for a picture as have hesitated to unwrap the painting until I call the shipper, since the owner of the UPS from where I shipped asked that I contact him first. A corner of the frame is slightly damaged.
MaryKay

Ok, thank you.

Hello

Just to let you know, you cannot find the painting on the internet, artist's did not paint more then one painting of their subjects. Oil's on Canvas by known artists only have one copy, and if you have a real painting you have the only copy.

Glenda