Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I came into possession of a (as I am told) rare Hay Budden

Customer Question

I came into possession of a (as I am told) rare Hay Budden sawyers anvil . The serial number indicates it was made around 1908 -1909 about the time the company changed from two piece anvils to one piece . I cannot see a line showing where two pieces would have been joined leaving me and others to believe this is a one piece all tool steel anvil . The company logo is stamped on both front and back . I was told to look for a 3 digit number that would be a "firing number" indicating which batch this was cast in . I cannot find any three digit number other than the weight marking of 122 . At least three other gentlemen have told me they have seen only 4 others like this and one antique tool dealer who wishes to remain anonymous said he would pay me more than any other offer I get . Since I have gotten it I have received many calls offering outlandish offers of cash and or cash + other tools. I can provide photos and serial number. Can you help me determine a value ?
Thank You, *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I wanted to let you know that every expert has looked at this and as of yet are unable to find any information on this. There are a few more that have not been on the site in awhile they may pop on and know this. I just wanted you to know it is being looked into.

Glenda