Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an A. Lanternier & Co pattern with no name Have been

Customer Question

I have an A. Lanternier & Co pattern with no name Have been unable to find a match at replacements and ebay. the cup is white background with gold rim and gold handle where you would put your lips to sip is a scalloped edge almost like a lace hankie with dark(looks like a deep purple)background and tiny gold diamond pattern on the purple. in the center of the scallop is white with pinkish tones flower. the outside of the cup also about a one inch very light yellow band there are also flower clusters on the outside of the cup and on the inside top of the cup I would love to find this pattern and finish out the pieces I have with some dinner plates can you help
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 9 months ago.

Hi. I can try to find it, but, to be completely honest, the odds of finding the pattern are almost impossible. Well...it would have possibly at one point, but those records are long gone. If you'll notice on replacements, of the Lanternier patterns are basically just modern numbers. That means there is no official name for the patterns. Replacements has one of the best current databases. If you don't find a match there, you probably won't find one anywhere else. There is no official book or catalog to look through.

.

Did you just go through their database or did you send in a pattern request to them? http://patternid.replacements.com/ If you sign up with that, they will actually email you when/if new pieces come in.

.

If you want to send a picture, I'll be more than happy to try. I just want to make sure you know I can't guarantee finding the name.

~Diana