Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My Mother recently passed away and she had a china head doll

Customer Question

My Mother recently passed away and she had a china head doll with a soft body for years. She called her Mary. I looked at the back of the doll's nec and see an inscription A.M. and the word Germany etched underneath. When I was very young she used to let me hold the doll from time to time and the doll was wearing a lovely Christening gown with a bonnet. It looks like the doll was wet and the clothes are gone. I was wondering where I could buy new clothes and I am wondering if these etchings could lead to the history of this doll.
Karen Powers
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Rarewares:
I'll see if I can take some pictures of the doll. I don't own a cell phone or digital camera but I'll see if I can borrow one or have the person take the picture for me. I'll get back to you a soon as possible.
Karen
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.