rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Does this old painting have any value? As you should be able

Customer Question

Does this old painting have any value? As you should be able to see the frame is damaged so is the picture
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

This is a circa 1790 to 1810 oval framed miniature portrait of a noblewoman by an artist with the name of Jeremiah (last name illegible) Junior. The manner of dress and style of portrait, signature hand writing style and framing give clues to the date. It really looks like Abigail Smith Adams (former first lady), but that is just my opinion. This would have been a New England artist (Boston or New York). Yes, there is damage to the canvas and the paint is in poor condition as well as the wooden oval frame. This painting has a value of $400 to $500.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I see that you have read my answer. Let me know if you need to know anything else associated with your question.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.