Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have what I believe to be a clay figure which use to be my

Customer Question

I have what I believe to be a clay figure which use to be my grandfather's. It is well over a hundred years old; he referred to it as "The Woodsman". i believe it to be unique.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.

If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. Use the same email that you used to create your account. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
sent email with pics

thank you, ***** ***** take a few hours for them to get to me. I will write back with an answer as soon as I see pictures and do some research for you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you

This piece is not familiar to me, so I will opt-out and add the photo here for the next expert to see and take the question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
any update on status?
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

What is the height of this figural and can you please send images of the underside and backside. The first expert has opted-out so to send more images you will now need to put "For Nora - Antiques" in the subject line of your email to***@******.***

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Nora, Will do
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Great, thank you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
email is on its way
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the heads up, I will certainly let you know when they arrive to me.

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nora, thanks for the offer of a 10 minute live conversation.I am in the eastern time zone and am pretty flexible.
When would be a good time for you?
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I'm EST too. Late morning to mid-afternoon works well.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good morning Nora,Does 11:00 or 11:30 work for you?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Anytime before 2:20 today
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please forward dates and times that are convenient to you
Thanks Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

First I will need to see additional photos and you will also need to accept the premium services offer for the phone call before we can schedule a set time.

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok
What additional photos are needed?
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I will need to see a clear, in-focus image of the underside and the backside. I also need to know the height.

~Nora