rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a set of 12 & H Limoges Rabbits plates (BH21), raised

Customer Question

I have a set of 12 B & H Limoges Rabbits plates (BH21), raised and hand painted, six different patterns of rabbits.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: They are in excellent condition from my grandmother. To the best of my knowledge are from the late 1800s
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Can send a photo of the plates.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Blakeman & Henderson was a decorating company, commissioned high quality porcelain, including dinnerware, from the Limoges region of France in the late 1890s to early 1900s.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 60-85$ for each plate.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
DO YOU HAVE ANY SENSE OF HOW RARE THESE PLATES ARE? SEVERAL YEARS AGO THERE WERE SOME FOR SALES ON EBAY, BUT JUST CHECKED AND THERE ARE NONE?

Hello

Unfortunately, these plates are not considered as rare, as the manufacturer has mass produced the set. If it were a limited edition set or a small production pattern/painting then yes, they would be rare.

Please, your rating is required to finish. Kindly use the star system located upwards to rate my answer!

Thanks

Expert:  rusufdavi replied 8 months ago.

Thanks