Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a tall case clock that has a cartouche stamped into

Customer Question

I have a tall case clock that has a cartouche stamped into the wood on an upper inside corner TCHANDLER in a semi circle. The back of the iron face plate is marked WILSON in stamped "italics". Nicely painted face in good condition, lots of patina, (kinda filthy)It is a very plain clock by most standards, quite old and very simple in design, pretty frail, without ornamentation, has been in the family since it was made, so has a fairly interesting history. What can I do to really determine its age, condition and value and who/where (I live in n. Wy.)can I find a reputable clock person to assess, clean and repair it? Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Jon replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal.

At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on the link below for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

I look forward to seeing the images.

Thank you,

Jon