Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Well I have quite a few but to start with I am curious to

Customer Question

Well I have quite a few but to start with I am curious to know if any of the Crystal or glassware or China is of any value
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I don't know much about it besides this is all from a man that is no longer alive and everything is going to either be donated or trashed but he had some really nice looking items so we wanted to see if there had value .
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I do you have pictures but I am just not very knowledgeable in this area
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Antiques Appraiser responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is the best signature Mark I could fine but I still couldn't make it out
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thought I was already connected to an expert but if it is not a good time I will try again another time
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello???
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Clearly there's nobody available at the moment so I do not expect to be charged anything at all . It is unfortunate that y'all advertise and make it look easy but when somebody needs help nobody's around to answer questions
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

Your question was posted at 2am, so I apologize that there was not an expert available at that time. I am on the East Coast and usually shut down for the night at 10pm, but I am happy to answer for you now. This service works more like email than instant chat because we need a bit to do research on marks and value ranges. I do hope you understand.

We do one item per question, but I will do both of yours since you had to wait.

I would need one more photo of the mark on the lamp. The one you added was too blurry to read. Maybe back up a bit more to get it in focus. You can use the Add Files feature to add another photo.

The platter was made by Sigma of Japan in the Mikado pattern. This mark was used in the 1980's and 1990's, so it is not an antique, but is a pretty pattern. This platter has a value of $35.00.

I will wait to do the lamp until after you added a picture of the signature.