Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an 1896 Elgin pocket watch serial number 6277497. The

Customer Question

I have an 1896 Elgin pocket watch serial number (###) ###-#### The info sheet I printed out from the serial number reads that it is size 6s, which I assume a ladys' size and the fact that it is a small watch.
It keeps excellent time and the case is in excellent shape with minimal wear on the design.
The problem area is on the dial face. It has a small chip on the outer edge of the face by the VII. The chip is about 1/8 in. long, by .060 wide.
Can you give me a guesstimate as to the worth?
Thank you
Dan ******
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of the mark inside the case so that I can determine if this is a gold or gold-filled case.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I see you are going to charge 34.00 for a call. I took the photos and sent, but it won't send.Do not call me. I think you are ripping me off, and I'm canceling the credit card charge

The phone request is an automated pop-up and is not a service that I offer (I am partially deaf and that just wouldn't work!) , so you can disregard that.

It did not cost you anymore to add the photos and I am required to ask to see the item that you are asking about, so I'm sorry that you thought it cost you to do that.

I see two photos here of your watch. Do you still want to continue, or should I send you to customer service for a refund?