Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a small silver spoon that looks like a souvenir from

Customer Question

I have a small silver spoon that looks like a souvenir from a fair. At the end of it it has St Louis, Missouri. Could it be from the World Fair years ago?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the spoon and the tiny writing on the back.

Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

Were you able to get photos?

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

if there is a year on the spoon then it may possibly be from a World's Fair there, however if there is not a year, then it would be a souvenir spoon from the city of St. Louis, MO. If marked sterling or 925 it has a value of $30 - $40. If it is not marked such, and is a silver toned or plated metal, then the value is generally around $5 - $20.

You can ask any price you please on an item you own, they key factor is finding buyer at your pricepoint.

Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora