Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a set of sterling silver flatware that was my great

Customer Question

I have a set of sterling silver flatware that was my great grandmothers. I am now 66 so it is probably quite old. There are some pieces missing and anywhere from 8 pieces to 16 of some things. I think it is Brinks Reed and Barton Jacobian pattern. My parent just passed away and the family is wondering what we should do with this set if no one in family wants it. Is there a place to sell it? Thanks SAndy Curry Minneapolis MN
my email is sjcurry***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

What are the "etc." pieces, please.

Each piece in a set like this has value.

Is the set monogrammed?

Kind regards,

Doris

Which of these Jacobean patterns by Reed & Barton is your pattern...The plain one or the decorative one?

See the following images.

Kind regards,

Doris

I know it takes time to count your pieces. In the interest of the limited time you have for tonight's meeting,

I am sending you a list 0f prices for both Jacobean patterns. Chose the higher value under the PM column.

It will give you the price of each piece not monogrammed.

If your set is monogrammed, deduct 25% from the total.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris