Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Here, it goes - My wife received her father's Cutler

Customer Question

Here, it goes - My wife received her father's Cutler Roll-top desk. I want to know how to get the spring-loaded, heavy metal, pop-up typewriter platform to fold back down properly - It can slide straight back in to the desk but it was not designed to do that because the wooden platform that the typewriter sits on is too wide for the opening causing the joint at the upper corner of the outside wall of the pedestal to open.
Thanks for any help or reference.
the center top drawer still retains the Cutler paper label - but I have not located a model number.
I suppose the desk is from the era of 1940's-60's
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello

There is no one here that can help you with this. We are an online appraisal site, we do not know how to repair items. The only to get this repaired or find out about it, is to take it to a local furniture repairer.

Glenda