Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My mother in law recently passed away and I've been trying

Customer Question

My mother in law recently passed away and I've been trying to determine the value of the many dishes she has. It's somewhat overwhelming, so I'm hoping you can help.
We have two what I would call display plates, Blue Boy and Pinkie. The back of both have the sae markings:
RALPH 1750 MOSES 1751 ENOCH 1784
WOOD & SONS
BURSLEM ENGLAND
APLINE WHITE
ENGLISH IRONSTONE
Are you able to tell me their value?
My mother in law was quite the collector. I'm also going to have to determine if any of the jewellery she collected is valuable. I don't even know to determine if the jewellery is real gold or silver.
Can you offer any suggestions on how I should go about getting so many things valued?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of front of the plates and of the mark on the back so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures.

I do one item/group per question, so we will just deal with the two plates in this one.