Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am in charge of our public library bookstore sales of used

Customer Question

I am in charge of our public library bookstore sales of used "books & other publications" that have been donated to us. Recently were were given several donations of maps. I would like to price them for our bookstore sale but have no idea of their value.
1) "Quadrangle maps of the State of New Mexico" publication date 1962.. spiral bound. Has New Mexico Highway Department logo on cover; Planning and Programming Division. 127 pages of quadrangles. Size 11.5" x 13" good condition
2) "Quadrangle Maps of the State of New Mexico" Black hardbound book 18" x 20". Cover has embossed - "Sandia Laboratories Library"; 1960; 127 pages of quadrangles; some of the first few pages are very frail. good condition
3) Communist China Map Folio. Excellent condition. Bound with Red Cover that says "Central Intelligence Agency". Dated October 1967. Size 21.5" x 17.5" Full page color maps with icons denoting places and some buildings, etc.
4) Large portfolio of map plates 12" x 17" . Excellent condition. Front page says"
State of Illinois, Dwight H Green Governor; Indian Villages of the Illinois Country; Volume II, scientific papers, Illinois State Museum, Part 1, Atlas. Compiled by ***** ***** Tucker. Has the Illinois State Seal image; Springfield Illinois 1942, Printed by the Authority of the State of Illinois.
5) Extremely frail, 14 legible loose & partially "bound" pages of the Providence, R.I. August 1872 Web Bros & Co. "Ours Illustrated" magazine. Printed at the Riverside Press, Cambridge Mass. Appears to be a complete issue.
6) metal spiral bound "Atlas of Landforms". page 1 says: Department of Earth, Space and Graphic Sciences, United States Military Academy, West Point New York. , Copyright 1965. Approx 161 pages containing color maps of specific landforms in the U.S.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Here at JustAnswer, we are limited to appraising one item per question. Since these are similar items, I can extend that to two, but I really can't appraise six items within one question. Would you like to choose two?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No thank you. just cancel my order. I will stop payment from paypal. We will do what we usually do and guess a price. I was just hoping for an opinion. Thank you anyway. I have no budget to pay for appraisals, and would prefer not to spend my own money. Please cancel my request. Payment wasn't mentioned until I spent a lot of time typing. Initial "advertising" on google is misleading. Thanks anyway. Barbara