Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am trying to research a large oil painting I've had in my

Customer Question

I am trying to research a large oil painting I've had in my family for at least 4 generations. My guess is it is an American artist and possibly a family member but it only has the letters MC for signature. The date is 1890. How can I find out more, possibly the artist's full name and an appraisal on the painting.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 9 months ago.

Good day my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

I can see the one image of the painting. Is it possible to send one One of the whole back plus one of the signature from a slight angle, in natural light. What is the size of the painting?