Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a older painting the artist name is hampel is it

Customer Question

I have a older painting the artist name is ***** ***** it worth anything
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 10 months ago.

Good day my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. Is the painting on canvas? Also what is the size?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Honestly it looks like wood and w the frame it's 2ft 8 in long and 2ft 3 inches wide
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It also has a auction house tag on the back litchfeild county auctions I tried that first but really don't know how to go about ii

Thank you for the additional information. There are a couple of artists with the last name of Hempel. The are both late 19th century early 20th century. Both painted on panel (wood) as well as on canvas. One Carl Hempel was an Australian and the other Walter was British, so I am looking closely at their body of work to see which is the best fit. I know the kep or kop before the name is ***** ***** appears to be an abbreviation rather than a first name.