Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

From PA. I am restoring a LC Grave& CO from Springboro,PA

Customer Question

Hi My name is ***** ***** PA. I am restoring a LC Grave& CO from Springboro,PA and was wondering what it would be worth? I glass beated all the metal parts to remove rust. The open floor was redone with oak ,and the wheels are being done with new folluoes.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It Looks likes a doctor style or a run-about. The floor is 60 inches by 25 inch with a 1/2 railing that goes from the seat to the back then across and back to the seat. It is about 4 inches of the floor rails. The front has a metal frame work that 25 inches wide and appox 18 inches high that gets covered with leather
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When am I going to get an answer??
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am talking about a horse drawn buggy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It has 40 inch front wheels and 44inch rear wheels
Expert:  Diana F. replied 9 months ago.

Hi and thanks for choosing us. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Do you have any photos of that you can send?

.

If you're able, here's a few different methods of how can send photos:
.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos.
.
Here's another way that works really well:
.
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
Click "Computer".
Double click the image you want to upload.
Click "Start Upload".
When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.
.
If those don't work you can email them.
.
Email the pictures to *****@******.***

.

They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.

.
Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.

.
That should do it.

.
Thanks,

Diana

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I sent some photos of buggy before I totally tore it down. The only pic is of the new floor that was done .Buggy is torn back down and put up for winter tomake room for everything I need to get in shop. Sorry. Let me know if photos got to you
Expert:  Diana F. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks. I appreciate you sending them. It may take a little bit for me to get them, but I"ll be sure to let you know as soon as I do.

Thanks again.
Diana

Expert:  Diana F. replied 9 months ago.

Hi. I got one picture from you but it was a picture of the wheels. Just to make sure, you sent more than that right?

.

~Diana

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Diana, did you get the rest of pics? I do not think I should be charged without getting some kind of value of buggy!
Expert:  Diana F. replied 9 months ago.

Hi. The only picture I ever got was the wheels. Did you send more? If so, when?

.

I agree, you shouldn't be charged without an answer. I don't control that part of it. Any payment/billing is through customer service. I can pass this on to them if you'd like to talk to them.

.

~Diana

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried to sent more pics though***@******.*** a keep getting that it failed!! I want my money back I think your company is just taking my money and I do not get a dam thing for it. I am mad as hell with this.You Said to send Pics to every address you said to and nothing works!
Expert:  Diana F. replied 9 months ago.

I have no control over the pictures. I'm sorry you're frustrated, but it is over something I cannot control. I do not work for the company. I come to the site just like you. I am not responsible for support or any email address. All I can do is give you the address of where to send them. If they don't get to me from there..that's not my problem and nothing I change or do. That is something for you to take up with customer service.

.
In all honestly, based on they way you have replied to me, it makes me not want to continue working with you. I will opt out and another expert can try to help you.